Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Uinta Mountain Lakes

July 12-13

Enjoyed a nice camping trip in the Uintas at Soapstone campground.  The first morning Jenna and JJ headed to Park City for some shopping while Stockett and I fished Lilly Lake from about 930 AM - 1030 AM with limited success.  I was able to catch a small rainbow while trolling a "Stranger" pattern.  Stockett was using a "Green Woolly Bugger and had no luck.


We took a break for a minute because Stockett was convinced that his tube was losing air.  While we were on shore I noticed some trout rising to anonymous bugs across the way on Lost Lake.  I had no bites with my "Brown Mayfly" pattern but Stockett hooked two trout on a "Gray Mayfly" pattern  I changed to a "Black Woolly Bugger" and trolled the lake for a bit but got nothing.  It was now about Noon and we called it quits.


Later that night around 7:30 PM we headed over to Moosehorn Lake and tossed out some "Gold and Silver Jakes".  As Stockett and I started wading out into the water JJ proceeded to follow us right into the lake.  We only had 1 bite.  I was able to catch an Albino Rainbow by site casting right to him.  Before we left a few Moose came to join us.



The Next morning we headed up to Washington Lake joined by Mr. Flom.  Dad and I trolled "Black Woolly Buggers" while Stockett casted a "Gold Jake".  Dad caught a Rainbow and a Brookie and I was able to catch a Rainbow too.  Stockett and I each had some bites on "Gold Jakes" but lost them bringing them in.  I had hooked the largest Albino Rainbow I had ever seen but lost him as I was trying to net him.  We started at about 10:00 AM and finished around Noon.